We analyzed 50+ companies with more than $10 million in annual revenue, according to the latest information available for each company. And try (again) to find out what brands are the biggest manufacturers of tools in the world,
So, who’s the king of the hill?
Let’s find out.
Tool Companies Chart
Some companies include the production of the tool in a larger segment or sector that combines several business units. So does Bosch, Stanley Black & Decker, Fortive, Snap-on, Emerson, Ingersoll Rand, and Fiskars. For such companies, we put to the chart the sales volume of such business units.
Other companies focus on manufacturing tools, so we publish the amount of their revenue without any reservations.
What's new in the chart?
New Business Areas in Fiskars Group
Fiskars Group changed its reporting segments. Now they are Vita, Terra, Crea, and Other. BA Terra consists of the gardening, watering, and outdoor categories. The brands include Fiskars, Gerber, and Gilmour. BA Crea consists of the scissors and creating as well as the cooking categories, mainly with the Fiskars brand.
In the 2021 Tool Companies Chart, we showed total net sales in the “Terra” and “Crea” Business Areas.
Acquisition of Ingersoll Rand Industrial
Ingersoll Rand reorganized their reportable segments in connection with the Ingersoll Rand Industrial acquisition. Four new reportable segments — Industrial Technologies and Services, Precision and Science Technologies, Specialty Vehicle Technologies, High Pressure Solutions.
Ingersoll Rand Industrial’s Compression Technologies and Services (“CTS”) and Power Tools and Lift (“PTL”) businesses joined the legacy Gardner Denver Industrial segment (excluding the
Specialty Pump businesses) and the midstream and downstream portions of the Gardner Denver Energy segment to
form the new “Industrial Technologies and Services” segment.
In the 2021 Tool Companies Chart, we showed net sales in the “Industrial Technologies and Services” segment.
Financial data sources
- Bosch. Annual Report 2020. Sales Revenue in «Consumer Goods» Business Sector
- Stanley Black & Decker. The 2020 Year in Review. Sales Revenue in «Tools & Storage»
- Techtronic Industries Company Limited (TTI Group). Annual Report 2020
- Hilti. 2020 Business Results
- Makita. Macrotrends Revenue&Profit Report
- Stihl. Annual Report 2020. Revenue of Stihl Holding AG & CO. KG
- Fortive. Annual Report 2020.
- Husqvarna Group. Annual Report 2020
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. Annual 2020 Report Form 10-K.
- Ingersoll Rand. Annual Report 2020. Revenue in «Industrial Technologies and Services» Segment
- Snap-on Incorporated. Annual Report 2020. Revenue in «Tools» Product Category
- Emerson. Form 10-K. Revenue in «Tools & Home Products» Business Segment
- Apex Tool Group. Official site.
- Yamabiko. Summary of financial results for ＦＹ20/12.
- TTS Tooltechnic Systems AG & Co. KG. North Data Finanzielle Kennzahlen.
- Fiskars Group. Financial Statements 2020. Net sales in Business Areas (BA): Terra and Crea.
- WernerCo. Zoominfo company overview.
- Stiga. Corporate site
What about others?
Some large and stable companies aren't public and don't readily share their revenue figures with the public.
So they were excluded from this list because they have not disclosed this information.
Globe Tools Group
Vaughan & Bushnell Mfg. Co.
Malco Products, SBC
Delta Power Equipment Corporation
Do you know the sales figures for these companies? Write a comment. And we will update the chart.