Do you know the biggest tool companies in 2020?
We surely don’t.
Intending to determine which brands are the biggest manufacturers of tools in the world, we analyzed 50+ companies with more than $10 million in annual revenue, according to the latest information available for each company.
So, who’s the king of the hill?
Let’s find out.
Related reading — 2021: The Most Popular Power and Hand Tool Brands
Tool Companies Chart
Some companies include the production of the tool in a larger segment or sector that combines several business units.
So does Bosch, Stanley Black & Decker, Fortive, Snap-on, Emerson, Ingersoll Rand, and Fiskars. For such companies, we put to the chart the sales volume of such business units.
Other companies focus on manufacturing tools, so we publish the amount of their revenue without any reservations.
Financial data sources
- Bosch. Annual Report 2019. Sales Revenue in «Consumer Goods» Business Sector
- Stanley Black & Decker. 2019 Year in Review. Sales Revenue in «Tools & Storage»
- Techtronic Industries Company Limited (TTI Group). Annual Report 2019
- Hilti. 2019 Financial Report
- Husqvarna Group. Annual Report 2019
- Stihl. Annual Report 2019. Revenue of Stihl Holding AG & CO. KG
- Makita. Macrotrends Revenue&Profit Report
- Fortive. Annual Report 2019. Revenue in «Professional Instrumentation»
- Kohlberg Kravis Roberts & Co. L.P. Fourth Quarter and Full Year 2019 Results
- Snap-on Incorporated. Annual Report 2019. Revenue in «Tools» Product Category
- Emerson. Form 10-K. Revenue in «Tools & Home Products» Business Segment
- Ingersoll Rand. Annual Report 2019. Revenue in «Industrial» Segment
- Apex Tool Group. Official site.
- Yamabiko Corporation. Financial highlights.
- TTS Tooltechnic Systems AG & Co. KG. North Data Finanzielle Kennzahlen.
- Fiskars Group. Financial Statements 2019. Net sales in «Functional» Business Unit
- WernerCo. Zoominfo company overview
- Stiga. Corporate site
- Ideal Industries. DNB Company profile
- Estwing. DNB Company profile
- Tekton. DNB Company profile
What about others?
Some large and stable companies aren’t public and don’t readily share their revenue figures with the public.
So they were excluded from this list because they have not disclosed this information.
Globe Tools Group
Vaughan & Bushnell Mfg. Co.
Malco Products, SBC
Delta Power Equipment Corporation
Do you know the sales figures for these companies? Write a comment. And we will update the chart.